:: Jobs :: The Instituto de Investigaciones Filosóficas, through the Coordinación de Humanidades, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM) offers postdoctoral research fellowships. Deadline for applications is April 1
Postdoctoral fellows are expected to:
- a) carry out their proposed research, and publish its results;
- b) work full time on their research project;
- c) participate in the academic activities of the Institute, as well as in group research projects; and
- d) teach at least one course throughout the year of the fellowship and supervise the work of undergraduate and graduate students.
Knowledge of Spanish is not required, but successful non-Spanish speaking applicants will be expected to learn the language during their stay.
The deadline for applications is April 1st, 2016. All documents must be received by this date. The fellowship begins on September 1st, 2016. The starting date of the fellowship is not deferrable.
Duration. One year, with a possible extension of a second year.
Grant. $30,676.80 MX pesos per month, tax free. According to the current exchange rate this amounts to approximately $1,690 US dollars. The fellowship includes also a health insurance (coverage includes partners and children).
Requirements. PhD, obtained not earlier than 3 years before the beginning of the fellowship. Applicants should be under 40 years old by the time the fellowship begins.
Applicants must e-mail in PDF format ALL of the following documents (incomplete applications will not be considered). Please send a separate file for each of the 12 items in the list (except letters of recommendations, which should be sent directly by the referees to email@example.com):
1) Curriculum vitae.
2) Copy of proof of date of birth (passport).
3) Copy of two papers (preferably, published or accepted for publication).
4) Research project, which must include the title of the project, an outline of the proposed research, the goals and the papers expected to be obtained at the end of the fellowship (Maximum suggested length: 2500 words)
5) Two letters of recommendation (to be sent directly by the referees).
6) Timetable of the activities planned for the time of the fellowship (1 page).
7) Cover letter.
8) Abstract of the PhD dissertation, stating name and institutional affiliation of main supervisor.
9) Copy of the PhD diploma or official document certifying that final exam on PhD thesis has been passed or offical document that indicates the date when the doctoral exam will take place. In case the application is successful, it will be necessary to send official certification that the final exam has been passed, before the beginning of the fellowship.
10) Summary of the papers that derive from the applicant’s PhD thesis, whether they are already published or not.
11) commitment letter, signed.
12) application form, signed (it is not required at this stage to include the name of the prospective advisor at UNAM, to which the form refers)
(The commitment letter, application form and the terms of the program can be found here )
All these documents must be sent to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further questions please contact:
Edgar González Varela
Instituto de Investigaciones Filosóficas
Tel: (52-55) 5622-7241