:: Jobs :: The Institute for Jurisprudence, Sociology of Law, Law and IT of the University of Graz is filling 3 positions for PhD students specialising e.g. in legal philosophy or international constitutional law. Successful candidates will join the research and teaching team of prof. Matthias Klatt. Applications deadline: Jan. 20, 2016.
With its 4,100 employees and 32,000 students, the University of Graz provides an exciting and varied work environment. The Institute of Jurisprudence, Sociology of Law, and Law and IT seeks is looking for a University Assistant without doctorate (20 hours a week; fixed-term employment for the period of 3 years ; position to be filled as of now ). Three positions are advertised.
- Tasks supporting research and teaching in the team of Univ.-Prof. Dr. iur. Matthias Klatt
- Autonomous research (with opportunity to take the PhD in the three-years doctorate curriculum of the law faculty)
- Teaching (in the 2nd and 3rd year of employment)
- Participating in the planning and pursuance of research and teaching projects as well as academic events and international conferences
- Contributing to organizational and administrative tasks, in particular to the installation of a new institute
- Contributing to university self-administrationProfessional qualifications
- Completed studies of law (Diplom or Master or equivalent foreign exam)
- Focus of interest in one of the following areas: 1. Analytical legal theorie (eg concept and validity of law; theory of legal argumentation; theory of legal science); 2. Substantial legal philosophy (eg theory and application of justice; problem of culturally hetergenous societies); 3. International constitutional law (eg problems of globalization; pluralization and transnationalization of public law; comparative constitutional law; fundamental rights)
- Interest in interdisciplinary collaboration (eg politics; practical philosophy; political philosophy; economics; sociology)
- Very good knowledge in IT
- Very good foreign language competence (in particular English or a different world language)
- Experience in academic work (desirable)Personal profile
- Social competence and very good communication skills
- Ability to organize
- Initiative and commitment
- Ability to work autonomously and self-dependent
- Academic curiosity
- Resilience and flexibilityClassificationSalary scheme of the Universitäten-KV (University Collective Agreement): B1
The minimum salary as stated in the collective agreement and according to the classification scheme is EUR 1331.50 gross/month.
We offer you a job with a lot of responsibility and variety. You can expect an enjoyable work climate, flexible work hours and numerous possibilities for further education and personal development. Take advantage of the chance to enter into a challenging work environment full of team spirit and enthusiasm for your job.
Application Deadline: January 20th 2016
Reference Number: MB/12/99 ex 2015/16
Reference Number: MB/13/99 ex 2015/16
The University of Graz strives to increase the proportion of women in particular in management and faculty positions and therefore encourages qualified women to apply.
Especially with regard to academic staff, they welcome applications from persons with disabilities who meet the requirements of the advertised position.
If you are interested, please submit your application documents within the stated deadline. Make sure to indicate the reference number on your application and please send your CV and photo to:
bewerbung [at] uni-graz.at
Karl-Franzens-Universität Graz Personalressort Universitätsplatz 3
Questions can be addressed to Univ.-Prof. Dr. Matthias Klatt, phone: 43 (0) 316 / 380 3390, email: matthias.klatt [at] uni-graz.at.