:: Calls :: The Netherlands Journal of Legal Philosophy and the Association for Social and Political Philosophy invite for a ASPP/NJLP conference at the University of Amsterdam Law School, 25-26 June 2015. Paper presenters are required to have registered before May 6.
Amsterdam, June 25-26 2015.
This is a joint conference of the Netherlands Journal of Legal Philosophy and the Association for Social and Political philosophy.
- the Netherlands Journal of Legal Philosophy, an international peer reviewed journal, devoted to the study of legal philosophy and jurisprudence and to the foundations of legal sciences in the broad sense of the term.
- the UK based Association for Social and Political Philosophy, formerly known as the Association of Legal and Social Philosophy.
The conference will start on Thursday 26 June with Jean Cohen’s keynote, entitled Freedom of Religion, Inc. Jean Cohen is the Nell and Herbert M. Singer Professor of Political Thought, Department of Political Science, Columbia University.
The conference will end on Friday June 25 with Cécile Laborde’s keynote, entitled “Is Liberalism Secular?” Cécile Laborde is Professor of Political Theory, Department of Political Science, University College London.
Between these key notes, five sessions are planned in which over 130 papers will be presented.
The conference will take place in University of Amsterdam Law School, which is located in the Oudemanhuispoort, a National monument, dating from 1602 and situated right in the heart of the historic city center of Amsterdam.
Registration for the conference is opened, see: http://afpp.uva.nl/aspp-njlp-2015
- Full conference package (two days, PhD student and/or NJLP or ASPP member) €80,00
- Only Thursday (PhD student and/or NJLP or ASPP member) €40,00
- Full conference package (two days, unsubsidised) €150,00
- Only Thursday (unsubsidised) €60,00
Lunches and refreshments are included in the conference fee.
For the conference dinner on Thursday evening we opted for an Indonesian Rijsttafel at “Kantjil en de Tijger” a quite famous Indonesian restaurant, within walking distance of the conference venue (see homepage).
The costs of the conference dinner (€50) are not included in the fees described above – you can choose to op-in for this diner in the registration form. The fee of €50 covers main course, desert and 4 drinks pp. Seating is limited and will be distributed in a first-registered-first-served basis.
Paper presenters are required to have registered before May 6. Your paper will only be included in one of the panels if you have registered and if we have received your conference fee payment before May 25.
Non-presenters are required to have registered before May 25.